MU Undergraduate Catalog » Policies »

Separation from the University

Any undergraduate student contemplating discontinuing their studies for more than one semester and separating from the University must consult with the associate vice president for Academic Affairs and complete an official separation form. A written statement of separation with authorization may be required from a parent or guardian if the student is financially dependent.

The date of submission of the Request for Separation form is the official date that determines the student’s financial responsibility to the University.